President Donald J. Trump Returns To White House

Conflicting News From White House On President's Diagnosis Date, Recovery As President Declares Himself Cured  In a fast moving story, t...

Conflicting News From White House On President's Diagnosis Date, Recovery As President Declares Himself Cured 

In a fast moving story, the President announced on Twitter in the early hours of Friday morning October 2nd that both he and his wife had tested positive for COVID-19. He said they would be quarantining in the residence of the White House. The President was being attended by the White House doctor and medical personnel. Friday evening he was evacuated by helicopter to Walter Reed Medical Center. On October 5th, he announced he was leaving the hospital and going to head back to the White House Monday night — which he did. Within days, the President declared himself cured. "I don't think I am contagious," he said three days later, on October 8th. "I feel great." By Saturday, October 10th, Trump hosted a rousing event on one of the White House lawns.

By Saturday noon, October 3rd, the White House doctor gave a report on the President's status. 
The White House doctor, flanked by 9 specialists, told the press that President Donald Trump was "doing very well." 
But within a few minutes, there were questions. The White House doctor also told the public that President Trump had tested positive 72 hours before. Yet, the public understood he had been tested far more recently – which left a gap of several days of known infection.

Then there was another conflicting message from the White House.
A White House official delivered a message to the White House Press Corps immediately after the White House doctor's statement. It said something quite different than what the physician had just told the public. 
The White House Press Corps was told that the President was not doing well. They were told his vital signs were "concerning" and that the next 48 hours would be critical. The second statement from within the White House building to the press said:

"...the President's vitals over last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We are still not on a clear path to a full recovery."

The President at a coronavirus briefing in March. (Wikipedia)

Not long after that on Saturday, October 3rd, news sources began getting reports that the President had been on oxygen on Friday. This was in direct contradiction to multiple denials by the White House Physician only a few hours before that President Trump had not been given oxygen. 

As for the timeline, several hours after the press conference with the 10 doctors in attendance, the White House Physician said he wanted to clarify the timeline, saying he misspoke a few hours earlier, and that instead of "72 hours" he meant to say "Day 3." 

The intrigue continued. By 7 pm Eastern Time on Saturday, October 3rd, it was revealed that the person in the White House who had corrected the White House doctor's sunny assessment of the President's condition – the person who said that Donald Trump not yet out of the woods medically – was not just anybody. This comparatively dire statement was not from a concerned lower-level staff member worker in the White House, speaking to the press from  behind the scenes. The person who said Donald Trump was not on the road to a speedy recovery was someone at the very highest level: White House Chief Of Staff Mark Meadows.  


On Friday, October 2nd, Trump ended up at the Army hospital due to his health status that day. As the day had proceeded, the President's symptoms worsened from "mild" to "moderate" and it became apparent he had a low-grade fever and other symptoms according to news sources. He also apparently received an experimental antibody treatment that may reduce the levels of virus in the patient.

So at some point Friday, it was decided to move the President to Walter Reed, which has an office from which the President can conduct business as well as full hospital and emergency services.

On Saturday, October 3rd, ten masked doctors and medical personnel – from Johns Hopkins, Walter Reed Hospital and the White House, who are handling his crisis – held a press conference around noon at Walter Reed, and said Donald Trump was responding well. However, minutes after the October 3rd conference, a differing notice from the White House, given by an official to the White House Press Corps, abridged the statement. 

It said he was "not on a clear path to a full recovery."


Presidential Assistant Hope Hicks Came Down With Some Symptoms At A Rally In Minnesota

The public first became aware of the issue when President Donald Trump's assistant, Hope Hicks, felt ill and was isolated on the flight home and then tested. The test results came back positive on Thursday morning. The President and First Lady were then tested and announced their positive results in the early hours of Friday morning.

Medical Experts Concerned That Hundreds Of Others In & Near Administration Have Been Exposed 

Aside from the dangers to the President, it became immediately clear that dozens, even hundreds of people had come into contact with Donald Trump, Hope Hicks or Melania Trump. These included all the people on official planes, cars and helicopters; many staff members in the East Wing, the West Wing and the White House; Congressional delegates; the new Supreme Court nominee; people who had attended a Rose Garden ceremony; donors at a New Jersey meeting; people who set up the debates; those at rallies;  Trump family members; Secret Service members; White House cleaning and other staff; the press corps including journalists and photographers – and even former Vice President Joe Biden, who debated Trump only a few days before.

A surprising number of people close to the President had previously had coronavirus already – including his son's girlfriend, his personal valet, several Secret Service members, members of advance teams for rallies, Congressmen and others. By October 6th, it turned out that the Joint Chiefs of Staff were also all in quarantine. 

The next day the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which typically reports on major disasters, such as hurricanes, was shown to have catalogued 34 White House-related COVID-19 cases. An internal FEMA memo reveals that many more White House staffers have COVID than was previously known. 

Although most people know FEMA for its work in communities after naturally-caused events, it also has been active dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks. For example, in May, FEMA became involved in shipping supplies to nursing homes.




National News 686944125941347557

Too Far North: David Mudrick

Too Far North: David Mudrick
Click To See More Alaska Cartoons

Popular Posts

sign up for email alerts.

Write To The Country Journal


Email *

Message *

Copper River Country

Copper River Country
Click To View Map Of The Valley

See Every Single Story


Sign Up To Advertise For 2021